Re: [LUG] Old Laptop

On 05/02/2020 18:14, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 17:53:38 +0000
Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

I like to look after the local businesses where I can.

Fair point.

Sadly, we can get good and bad there too;

Last time I went to the local computer shop, I'm afraid that what they
were offering was nearly three times more costly than it ought to be -
what should have been a £25 or so router/modem was being sold at nearly
£60.  When I asked for a discount based on evidence I provided, I was
told in no uncertain terms "We don't do discounts".

"Way to go: Put yourself out of business", I thought.

It meant I was without internet for about a week, but I simply wasn't
going to throw money away.

Luckily our local computer shop (Holsworthy) is very fair with prices, and does look after the people here very well. I have used them for 17 years and so far so good. Your example above sounds really bad. Can't see them lasting very long,

Neil