Re: [LUG] Thunderbird

On 15/11/2019 09:48, Giles Coochey wrote:

If it has been suggested to you to do this, then it would appear that someone feels the .msf files are somehow corrupted locally on your system, and that removing them and allowing Thunderbird to re-create them from your IMAP folders would resolve that corruption.

The .msf files are local to your system, hence you only experience the issue on one of your systems.

This type of corruption does appear to happen from time to time with thunderbird, and the developers know about it, you can do this within Thunderbird on a folder by folder basis (right-click the folder, click Properties, read the bit about .msf files, and if you choose to proceed, click "Repair Folder"), or you can directly remove the .msf files in the Thunderbird folder hierarchy.

I have right clicked on the relevant folder as advised, but there is no choice named Properties. There is also no 'repair' option. Am I missing something that should be obvious?

Neil