Re: [LUG] Thunderbird

On 14/11/2019 14:55, Neil wrote:
Recently I upgraded both my desktop computer and my laptop to MX 19. All went very well. I used the same USB stick for both, so all profiles were identical. Why am I saying this?

I have several email accounts in use on TBird. Today one of them, also named accounts, was not receiving mail on the desk top computer. The others accounts were fine. When I checked I found that, just on that one account, the subscribe list was empty. I tried refresh and a few other ideas, but it remained empty. This was obviously the reason for no new emails appearing.

Just as a check I logged on to the laptop and ran TBird. Perfect, everything working as expected. The subscribe list on accounts was fine, and all the other were fine too. Some new emails appeared on accounts, which had not turned up on the desktop.

What baffles me is that the two machines should have the same set up for TBird. Yet one is working properly, and the other one has a problem.

Computers!! Great when they are working properly,

Neil

I've been using Thunderbird for quite some time, and these oddities sometimes happen to me, it seems that Thunderbird can sometimes leave it's "cache" of emails in an inconsistent state, and the effects of that seem to manifest themselves in strange ways, every so often I find I have to wipe my Thunderbird and re-sync the entire mailbox - thankfully I'm using IMAPS (dovecot), and serverside (sieve) rules for mail filing, but there are still quite a few steps to set it all up again. I am yet to find a proper mail client that I'm completely happy with.

--
Giles Coochey