Re: [LUG] Daughter's computer

On 07/11/2019 10:39, Giles Coochey wrote:

>> Forgive me if this comes across as rude, but obliterating the whole
>> system when it seems only 1 thing is broken... seems like a very
>> Windows way of operating.
>>
> Well actually, this is what we tend to do in corporate land

Ha, this made me chuckle as well...

"I see you haven't met our DevOps team" :]

We live in a different IT landscape now and although it initially seems
wasteful this is exactly how things roll in the modern world - at the
first sign of trouble you should be able to just hit a button and have
your state-driven infrastructure tear down the whole lot and
automatically reprovision the entire stack for you. Of course it never
quite works properly but there you go, that's progress.