Re: [LUG] Daughter's computer

On 07/11/2019 17:43, mr meowski wrote:
On 07/11/2019 10:39, Giles Coochey wrote:
Forgive me if this comes across as rude, but obliterating the whole
system when it seems only 1 thing is broken... seems like a very
Windows way of operating.

Well actually, this is what we tend to do in corporate land

Ha, this made me chuckle as well...

"I see you haven't met our DevOps team" :]

We live in a different IT landscape now and although it initially seems
wasteful this is exactly how things roll in the modern world - at the
first sign of trouble you should be able to just hit a button and have
your state-driven infrastructure tear down the whole lot and
automatically reprovision the entire stack for you. Of course it never
quite works properly but there you go, that's progress.

Well, that's exactly what we have, and it always works.