Re: [LUG] USB stick does not display

On 30/03/2019 13:00, Neil wrote:
On 29/03/2019 23:06, mr meowski wrote:

Neil further to this can you try a few of your (faulty) USB devices and
post the output of:

sudo parted /dev/sdX print

for each one after you've plugged it in? Change "sdX" to whatever as
appropriate - it would be /dev/sdb in your example above.

For comparison include the output of 'sudo parted /dev/sda print' which
will show the details of your main system drive.

Cheers

Just to make things more complicated. A couple of days ago a friend gave me a USB stick and asked me to set it up to install a version of Linux. So I said I would have a go.

That stick worked perfectly. I was able to read what was on there already, no longer wanted. Then I installed MX Linux on to it from an iso file, using etcher. It all worked perfectly. So I can pass the stick back for him to try out Linux.

Weird or what,

Neil