Re: [LUG] USB stick does not display

On Tuesday, 26 March 2019 16:36:06 GMT Neil wrote:

> I have tried a different stick, and this time in gparted I get an error
>
> Invalid partition table - recursive partition on /dev/sdb.
>
> I can choose to ignore it. If I do and look at it I says that it is
> unallocated.
>
> What puzzles me is that just one stick works fine, and my external HD
> has not had any problem.
>
> Computers ??!!

Quick Google says the error is commonly due to MBR errors.

Have you been using or formatting the sticks on another OS or device?

If it is Linux only it only needs a simple filesystem so I'd guess you either
did something odd, or didn't clean up what was on the sticks when they
arrived.

Either way post the kernel logging on inserting a stick with the problem
(usually /var/log/kern.log) and the output of "fdisk -l" on the problem
device.

Post this and the output of same commands for when it works if you want more
inspired answers.