Re: [LUG] USB stick does not display

On 26/03/2019 11:58, Eion MacDonald wrote:

If they do not show up in GParted, there may be a file system error or ?

Do you have data on them that you need to extract?
If NOT, See if they work in another persons set up. (if you are
comfortable with then  loading your USB.)

Will they show up in a Live Linux Knoppix?

I had this some years ago where an external hard drive would not load in
file managers.  I found it would show up in a Windows system on hard
disc manager thing, then gave it a Windows name letter, and thereafter
is showed up in the Linux side.

I have tried a different stick, and this time in gparted I get an error

Invalid partition table - recursive partition on /dev/sdb.

I can choose to ignore it. If I do and look at it I says that it is unallocated.

What puzzles me is that just one stick works fine, and my external HD has not had any problem.

Computers ??!!

Neil