Re: [LUG] USB stick does not display

On 29/03/2019 23:06, mr meowski wrote:

Neil further to this can you try a few of your (faulty) USB devices and
post the output of:

sudo parted /dev/sdX print

for each one after you've plugged it in? Change "sdX" to whatever as
appropriate - it would be /dev/sdb in your example above.

For comparison include the output of 'sudo parted /dev/sda print' which
will show the details of your main system drive.

Cheers

It occurred to me to include the result from the one stick that does work.

Model: Kingston DataTraveler 3.0 (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdb: 15.5GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos
Disk Flags:

Number  Start  End     Size    Type     File system  Flags
 2      170kB  3586kB  3416kB  primary               esp

I am surprised to see that the table is msdos. This stick was used to copy an iso file from the computer to the stick using etcher. I then used that stick to install MX on to my laptop.

Neil