Re: [LUG] Xfce Distro

On 07/11/2018 17:28, Neil wrote:
>> SuSE have always
>> been a bit under appreciated but really solid.

I did also try Suse many years ago, say 17 or 18 years, so I
> guess it will have changed a bit

It has much changed.
No 15 floppies! No printed manual.

I have used openSUSE since version 9.xx up to present LEAP 15.
I find it stable.
I try other distros, as I use Ubuntu for teaching and as a first trial
for folk. Usually if they want it installed we go for Xubuntu as they
have older machines.
 However pure Debian if on old 32 bit 1Gb RAM machines.

"We" also use openSUSE KDE for my wife's laptop, she finds it ok.
I tried it on her laptop and she liked it, so it is not on XFCE.

I also browse via a USB Live Linux a modified openSUSE as "Gecko Linux"
using Tumbleweed rolling distribution on XFCE.
OpenSUSE do not do a Live Linux  version, so Gecko replaces this. Any
problems I just re-write distro to USB stick.

XFCE is a reasonable desktop environment, but I do add K3b as my DVD
writer software. I prefer it.

--
regards
Eion MacDonald