Re: [LUG] Installing Debian / Devuan in a VM on Windows 10

Sent from my iPhone

> On 3 Sep 2018, at 20:07, Henry Bremridge <henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Sep 03, 2018 at 06:57:20PM +0000, mr meowski wrote:
>>
>> Honestly it's hard to see how you could possibly be going wrong... It
>> really is just clicking on a couple of obvious buttons in a GUI.
>>
>> Details? There are also a million billion HyperV guides out there
>> ranging from guru to complete beginner.

but debian is actually quite difficult to get working on hyperv because it refuses
to ship with proprietary drivers. A default install wont even have nic support.

if you want to use any linux on hyperv - its not trivial. And i strongly suggest an
ubuntu or fedora azure cloud spin as a starting point.
[my experience ends here as i just couldnt be bothered with a DIY and went to azure
and spun up a prebuilt server ]