Re: [LUG] VPN was OT: working abroad

> While I'm not up for to give a formal talk or presentation on VPNs I
> would be happy to attend anything in the Torbay area and provide advice
> and discussion with anything to do with VPNs.
>
> I'm a network professional who has been setting up all manner of VPNs
> for Commercial Companies, Charities, as well as home tinkering with the
> various technologies and open source solutions for over 20 years.
>
> Specific areas of interest/expertise:
>
> OpenVPN (open source VPN software, available on Linux, FreeBSD)
> IPSEC Site to Site (Technology for VPNs between multiple networks -
> network on both sides)
> Simple SSH Tunnelling with Linux & Putty (Easiest way to get access to a
> remote desktop at home from a laptop on your travels)
> DynDNS (Needed In the absence of a static IP to know what your current
> IP is at home)
> Pfsense (FreeBSD based Firewall with strong VPN features for both
> point-to-site and site-to-site VPNs)
> Cisco (High End Commercial manufacturer of devices incorporating VPN
> technologies)
> IPSEC on Android (Set up of VPN on a smart phone to connect to home /
> commercial network).
> Azure IPSEC (configure virtual machines in the cloud and securely
> connect them to on-premises networks - would be similar on Amazon AWS I
> imagine)
> Raspberry Pi solutions (Openvpn, ssh)
> + lots more

This sounds great,  thanks Giles,  I think what this promotes is
discussion and learning,

Once the jam is more set up,  we will have an idea of what is going on
in terms of room bookings.   Perhaps like in my other reply to Grant,
the jam becomes more of an project space,  where we set aside time to
discuss topics.  However the above could easily run the who jam and we
would not cover everything.

I'll keep the LUG updated on how things are going re the jam(s).

Paul

--
Paul Sutton
http://www.zleap.net