Re: [LUG] OT: working abroad

On 19/08/18 15:28, Martijn Grooten wrote:
> as is using a VPN. But in
> the latter case, I wouldn't assume it would be sufficient to pretend
> you're in the UK: suddenly connecting from another network could still
> raise alarm bells. But at least, this is something you can try while
> still at home.

Run OpenVPN _at home_ and connect to that from all your mobile devices
wherever you are in the world. Goodbye annoying suspicious login
warnings, hello protected traffic and access to LAN resources.

Or select a UK exit point from your commercial VPN provider (who are
probably whitelisted by most webmail hosts anyway).

The theme is that all of our mobile traffic should probably* be
travelling over a VPN when we're out and about these days just as a
matter of common sense - it also quite coincidentally fixes or
completely obviates several other unrelated problems like the fraudulent
login detector algorithms still being a bit wonky.

Martijn didn't say but I'd imagine that the vast majority of his traffic
whilst travelling was VPN'd as a matter of course?

Cheers

* definitely