Re: [LUG] Email clients

On 05/08/18 08:40, Neil wrote:
>> I use KMail for a specific subset of a web site emails, where I maintain
>> website, thus this is separate to my normal mail systems.
>
> I thought that KMail was best on kde, so kubuntu users only.

No so as regards to Kubuntu users only remark. I use KMail on OpenSUSE
LEAP 15 with XFCE.
KMail downloads with all dependencies and operates OK.
I have also used in in Windows in the past. (Windows only used for
tutoring seniors nowadays, for their machines.)

Reason for this separation of emails from T'Bird.
This list of emails, email addresses and ID stuff, and in-/out-boxes
comes under General Data Protection Regulation and users could ask for
what data was held and content. So this neatly separates these emails
and ID data from my personal ones on my machines. As emails are a subset
of a website I maintain for the charity, emails with website domain
address; e.g.  nameaddress@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx typical address, I operate on
behalf of the charity I fall under GDPR responsibility to email users.

This allows me the ability to delete all data relevant to a specific
person easily to comply with the GDPR removal clauses, if asked to
remove, or after no longer necessary.

--
regards
Eion MacDonald