Re: [LUG] Email clients

On 04/08/18 08:23, Neil wrote:
> I no longer use Claws, just TBird, so I am considering having a second
> client again, just so that, if one of them has any problems I can just
> open the other one.

For reasons of ease of use, avoiding webmail, (which I use for very
different purposes).
I use Thunderbird for all 'normal mail' (6 company email addresses and
my personal ones)
I use KMail for a specific subset of a web site emails, where I maintain
website, thus this is separate to my normal mail systems.
I have Evolution on one spare Linux box but only use it for a single
email address.
I found Evolution slightly less convenient than Thunderbird.
Advantage of T'Bird, I use the same profile on multiple machines. So
easy to swap to new machine [WinOS or new distro on Linux machines].

I back up the T'Bird profile to a USB key (monthly) and hold that
separate from my machines so I can reinstall on any machine.
--
regards
Eion MacDonald