Re: [LUG] Email clients

On 03/08/18 16:33, mr meowski wrote:
On 03/08/18 13:22, Neil wrote:
Since it appears that TBird is going to make some radical changes soon

Do you mean the upcoming Thunderbird 52.9 > 60 release?

Evolution is a perfectly decent email client which is why most
distributions actually bundle it as the default instead of Thunderbird.
Better for organizational use (i.e.; integrates with Exchange). If you
don't mind your interfaces ugly-as-hell but highly functional then
you'll probably like it just fine.

To be fair your caution is probably commendable but are you _that_
worried about the Thunderbird update? Poor Mozilla!

Cheers

I am wondering about my TB profile, which has a lot of information as I have several email accounts in use. So, if I try to set up the Evolution email client, will I have to create it all from scratch, or is there some way to copy my TB information over?

If I have to do it all from scratch that will be a right pain in the you know where. I just cannot remember what I did many moons ago when I set up Claws Mail as a second system.

Neil