Re: [LUG] Linux Training

I run my own business, one aspect of which is a computer repair service.

When I get old kit in running XP, Vista or W7 - that needs an upgrade - I'll always offer Linux. I find most old folk don't care what OS they have as long as it works. I've successfully moved many such users over to Linux. I usually choose Mint as it's relatively close to the Windows GUI and has a small footprint.

With others, I take a longer view. Getting them to move to Thunderbird & Firefox is the first step. Then LibreOffice - that works well when they compare "free" with "massive fee" or "monthly bill". It's trickier to convert those that have complex Excel spreadsheets (with macros) or that use Adobe products.

Whenever anyone asks "why is my computer broken? What have I done?" My stock answer is "it's not you, it's Microsoft".