From: list [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Neil
Sent: 21 January 2018 11:52
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LUG] Linux Training

Recently I met a newcomer to this area who turned out to be a Linux user. He told me
that he carries round a USB stick with a live version on Linux on it so that he can
demonstrate it to anyone who asks about it.

This got me thinking. I read recently that Linux has about 3% of the desktop  usage
now, which seems very low. Yet how do we help to increase that? I know that if
someone came up to me to ask me if would be willing to teach them to use Linux, I
would be a bit baffled and worried. Where would I start?

There are so many questions. A new computer, an old one, dual boot?
Which distro? Should I install Linux first for them or should that be part of the
learning process? That is just for starters.

I believe that some members of the list are keen about getting more people across to
the Linux world. So I am asking, does anyone have any experience in this area? Any
pointers, suggestions please?

Thanks,

Neil