Re: [LUG] Netgear Router

On 09/11/17 15:55, Julian Hall wrote:
Hi Neil,

The router appears to have an option to backup and restore configurations.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/431210/Netgear-Wnr2200-N300-Wireless-Router.html?page=65

I would be inclined to do that and restore to factory settings, setup a new username and password, and then restore your settings from the backup. I am assuming it wouldn't store the unknown password as one of the settings.

Kind regards,

Julian

This is something to set up at the same time as changing the log on details. You can save and store the new password etc when setting them up.This is to help if you forget the new details later, which is what I did. Then you can retrieve them later. But, of course, I did not create that backup, so I cannot access those details.

Neil