Re: [LUG] Netgear Router

On 09/11/17 15:04, Neil wrote:
I have a Netgear router, N300 WNR2200. I have had it for nearly four years. When I first had it I changed the log in name and the password, as recommended. I have a note of the new name. I can also remember the password for the WPA2 security on the wifi. But, I just cannot remember the new password. I have searched through all the documents that I can think of, to no avail.

The result is that no updates have been run for a long time. Am I right in thinking that there is no way to recover the new password, and that I must reset the router and start again? If so, does this normally cause any trouble?

What can anyone recommend in this situation please?

Thanks,

Neil

Hi Neil,

The router appears to have an option to backup and restore configurations.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/431210/Netgear-Wnr2200-N300-Wireless-Router.html?page=65

I would be inclined to do that and restore to factory settings, setup a new username and password, and then restore your settings from the backup. I am assuming it wouldn't store the unknown password as one of the settings.

Kind regards,

Julian