Re: [LUG] Netgear Router

On 09/11/17 16:01, mr meowski wrote:
On 09/11/17 15:47, Simon Avery wrote:
The following is instructions on how to perform a factory reset on your
router. Obviously, be aware this will erase any configuration you have
on there.

That's the easy way. The "good" news is that Netgear routers are at
least as terrible as everybody else's and if you haven't updated your
firmware for a day or two, let alone months, there are probably going to
be lots of publicly available exploits :]

Just google your model number + CVE | exploit | default | bypass and
choose your method, there's a lot to pick from!

Probably get started here though:

https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/netgear/telnet.console

If that doesn't work, just move on to the next one - it will help if you
can sniff the Netgear's current firmware version though so you know what
target to aim for. Luckily for you breaking into SOHO routers is super
easy - it's why there are botnets full of millions of them.

Cheers

I suppose, since I have had this router for nearly four years, I could always get a new, and hopefully better, one. Or are they all as bad as each other?

Neil