Re: [LUG] HTML emails

On 08/06/17 13:32, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
>     You certainly have a point: if *nobody* checks.
>
>     Grant.
>

> Precisely! I'm guessing that, given the speed of this reply, it wasn't
> difficult for you to assume my identify at all (likewise, if you know
> what's required you can even do it from your phone easily enough)... but
> how many people on here would know that it wasn't me even if I were to
> attach a PGP/GPG key to my emails?
>
> Grant.

Quite possibly nobody realised!

Yes, it was remarkably easy to assume your identity and perhaps this
little discussion will make more people aware that it is very easy to be
deceived by the content of emails.

I for one will be making an effort to sign more emails so that their
recipients have the /option/ of checking that the content was authored
by me.

jah