Re: [LUG] HTML emails

Hi Brad,

That's a fair and reasonable point.Â

I'm not convinced it's necessary on a quiet, low traffic and fairly non-contentious public list like this, however. DKIM does provide reasonable sending proof (of host if not user) which I would think would be sufficient against most spoofing attempts.Â

I've seen footers used which show where the public key is available, which obviously has a lot less impact than attaching it to every message, and should anyone care to check, can be fetched.

My personal view - perhaps shared by others - not just the vocal ones- is that you simply don't need ~> 1kb extra overhead on a post to DCLUG. Be it HTML or PGP attached public key, or animated gifs of unicorns.Â

Being topical, perhaps a poll would be the most democratic way to resolve this?

x No attachments.
x No HTML.
x Don't Give a monkeys.

If the list operator could confirm they would adjust mailman's settings based on the results, I'd be happy to set one up on google forms.