Re: [LUG] HTML emails

On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 11:54:50 +0100
Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Simon,

>That's a fair and reasonable point.
>I'm not convinced it's necessary on a quiet, low traffic and fairly
>non-contentious public list like this, however. DKIM does provide

Possibly not.

>which obviously has a lot less impact than attaching it to every
>message, and should anyone care to check, can be fetched.

To be fair, I've only seen one key sent here once in the last month(1).
Signatures, OTOH, get attached (or inserted inline) almost daily.  Keys
can get pretty hefty, running to tens of kilobytes in size(2). As such,
they should be sent to the dedicated servers.  Signatures do run about
1k.  Admittedly, adding to overhead. M ind you, anything that passes
through Microsoft run systems can have 10s of k added in headers
anyway - not that I'm using that as justification.  It's simply an
observation.

>Being topical, perhaps a poll would be the most democratic way to
>resolve this?

Good idea.

(1)  I haven't checked back further.
(2)  Depending on how many identities there are, and how many others
have signed the key.

--
 Regards  _
What do you call that noise, that you put on?