Re: [LUG] Debian USB Boot disk

On 20 April 2017 at 08:32, Richard Brown via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Secondly, I'm glad you mentioned Unity. I ditched it the other day and have started to use Gnome and I wished I had done it some while ago. It looks 'nice' but it is resource hungry and a lot of unnecessary guff loaded.

For me, one of the most fun bits about linux is the occasional "Let's install this WM and see if it's got better since I last looked at it" session I indulge in. One day I might even get over the ingrained pain I had with setting up X back before it all got plug and play. I'm not the world's biggest fan of Ubuntu, but they did show the world that linux could be easy to install and get a pretty and familiar working environment without spending evenings reading howtos and manually editing x config files before they would work with your monitor.