Re: [LUG] Security Thoughts

On 31/03/17 12:37, Brad Rogers via list wrote:
On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 08:48:43 +0100
Neil via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

Sorry, my fault for not being clear. When I talk about the 'root'
password I mean the one to use with sudo.

No, my fault for not going far enough (and getting side-tracked, to
boot) with my answer.

No, you can't have a different password for sudo and log-in with the
same user.  sudo doesn't have a separate database of passwords, it uses
the same data as everything else does.  Changing login password changes
sudo password.

That is what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation.

Neil