Re: [LUG] Security Thoughts

On 30/03/17 20:21, Brad Rogers via list wrote:
> Yes, that was poorly expressed.  The user will exist, as you go on to
> explain.  I should, probably, have said something like "....usable root
> user...."
>
> My apologies.

Definitely not worth an apology!

Root is always there, just "not normally made visible to the enduser" is
the clarification I guess we're looking for here. MacOS requires
specifically enabling the root account and Plan9 genuinely doesn't have
one, but all other *nix systems rely utterly on the UID 0 account to
function. I personally recommend making sure you know the password for
the "god account", even if you never plan on using it.

Cheers