Re: [LUG] Security Thoughts

On 30/03/17 12:46, Martin Gautier via list wrote:

On 30/03/17 12:24, Neil via list wrote:
This seems to have gone off topic somewhat. My main question was, is
it possible/easy to set one password to log on and another one to use
with sudo? And secondly, if so, is it a good idea?
Yes it's possible.

Install Ubuntu with default user (choose an "admin" type name) [user A],
set a password. Login. Create a new user [user B] with (encrypted home
directory).

User B, by default has no sudo rights. use this for normal use

Use User A for administrative tasks.

Thanks for that. I suppose I could also have an encrypted home folder. More research.

Neil