[ Date Index ]
[ Thread Index ]
[ <= Previous by date /
[ Next by date /
thread => ]
Re: [LUG] Ad blockers
- To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Adrian Midgley <amidgley@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [LUG] Ad blockers
- From: Simon Waters via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 17:37:34 +0100
- Delivered-to: dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=dclug.org.uk; s=1475831162; h=Sender:Content-Type:Reply-To:From:List-Subscribe:List-Help:List-Post:List-Unsubscribe:List-Id:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:References:Message-Id:Date:Mime-Version; bh=AOKeHdoANOdt2G0/1PyveE9vmEchGOgJI4oEBm/S3nE=; b=qLbAr6zHwIMNbpitYnp16XVgr3puHJrFV/gNWDGaJIEzAeRH1NAtlNqDX8G4v0kqSyYM2yeWAP3M9YMGAEHx5gJ7lgYHeOcweKl6vpIeRb8dZXO0XdrYWYSICxrKkbNef9MGLKbBprjVnScw1S54ZWntQthwTKyE5AOPFj5c+G0=;
Scope for a system which collects the adverts and follows some of the advert links, with a random timing, while only showing in the browser the elements of interest.
Defrauding the advertisers rather than the site owner. Hmm
For what it is worth you can get that sort of software by opening unsolicited email attachments, but I can't recommend it as an approach.
The Mailing List for the Devon & Cornwall LUG