Re: [LUG] Cheap tablet

On 25/02/17 17:39, Gordon Henderson via list wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Feb 2017, M. J. Everitt via list wrote:
>
>> which I would recommend, or use Google Maps for free, but maps
>> are mostly online (be careful with lossy data in rural areas!))
>
> Google maps now allows you to cache areas. Huge areas. I cached most
> of south India in my phone before I left home and always have Devon
> cached (it expires after a month or so, but you can update it).
>
>> SSH,
>
> I use Juice - I was lucky enough to get a free upgrade to the "pro"
> version too.

Yup its grand, and you probably know you can tunnel ports with the Pro
version .. although I've never had need yet...
I've even sorted password-less login with an SSH key, but you have to
fiddle it a bit with the Free version to move the key around, but its
doable ... :D
>> PS. Muggins has to buy a new monitor for the desktop. It's looking like
>> the shortlist will probably be a matching 22" Iiyama to go with my
>> existing Iiyama. The old 19" 4:3 has developed a nice strobing fault on
>> 'resume' after standby, so I think the time has come to retire it from
>> full-time duty to embedded use! Anyone have any particular Yays or Nays
>> on monitors - I've had mixed experiences with most manufacturers myself,
>> with the exception of Iiyama which seem to have been consistent for the
>> price. Has to have VGA, DVI and HDMI as a pre-req. as I need the option
>> to switch between more devices with different video outputs!
>
> My BENQ "Senseye3" is working just fine. It's a 24" full HD 1920x1080
>
> Looks like you can still get them:
>
> https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Monitors+%26+TVs/24+inch/24%22+BenQ+Widescreen+LED+Multimedia+Monitor+-+GL2450HM+?productId=55235
>

> I've had mine since August 2013... It has all 3 inputs and audio
> (which could be better, but it's OK)
>
> Gordon

Thanks for that Gordon .. will go window-shopping later after dinner ..
eek is THAT the time?!

MJE