Re: [LUG] Repetier host install

On 24/11/16 22:21, mr meowski wrote:
> On 24/11/16 21:39, aaron moore wrote:
>> I think I have finally cracked it.  I have a feeling it was a duff
>> download, is that possible?
>> Now I have to get it to talk to the printer
>> Thanks very much for talking me through it.
>> All the best
>> Aaron
> No problem, glad it's working - entirely possible it was bad download I
> guess. I guess the connection is a USB > serial adaptor? Should be
> pretty much plug and play I would have thought (famous last words)...
>
> Cheers
Note for future reference, many large(ish) downloads have a checksum
published with them (eg. md5sum, sha512sum, etc) that you can use to
verify that the download you think has completed, actually matches the
file on the server. This should help alleviate problems like this, which
do happen! :]

Glad to hear you're running though, these integrated
script/installed/zip/etc files can be a bit tricksy if they get corrupted!!