Re: [LUG] Wifi nto working

Could be Fn+F2 to enable / disable wireless as per:

http://howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=106539

On 26/01/16 19:42, barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 15:58:23 +0000
Ben Whorwood <ml-devcornlinuxgrp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Do you know the make and model of the laptop (usually on a sticker on
the bottom plus other branding on the case)? Could do some checking
before hand for similar issues or where the hardware / software
switches are.
It was a laptop I bought for her as a present back in July 2012. It came
with no OS, and I installed Xubuntu on it. It was a Zoostorm, but I
can't remember the model. It has never had Windows on it.

I've sometimes had wireless cards not work under certain operating
systems under certain conditions. If you boot up to a reliable
operating system (e.g. Debian live) as a fixed point you can then
quickly ascertain whether it is likely a hardware fault or something
else without having to fight the barrage of software installed
(wanted or not) as the primary operating system. I will often do this
as, if having to work on a Windows machine, you can have booted *nix
and fixed / found the source of the issue before the bloatware would
have given you a login prompt.

You can also then also send debug information captured from known and
trusted tools which should help to get more answers (especially from
this list, rather than fault codes from Windows event viewer or
similar).

I think I will first wait and see if it works over here. I suspect some
trouble with her wifi provider. She lives on a farm out in the wilds a
bit. She has had some problems on occasions.

Neil