Re: [LUG] website

On Tue, 3 Nov 2015, Simon Avery wrote:

Joseph, sorry but that's blinkered and wrong thinking.

I think you would be astonished at how much of the web is run on wordpress,
and how many major companies use it as a backend. It's far from a toy.

http://trends.builtwith.com/cms

Agreeing here ...

And here's another slant to it all... Just how busy is the LUG site? 3, 4 hits a day, if that? So realistically, what's the point spending a lot of time on it...

And remember when the Exeter one was drupal? I was getting hacked on a daily basies, wasn't it?

IMO its a toy being used where you should have something more robust in
place like Drupal or umbraco. Almost every wordpress site I'm asked to
advise on is a f&* up.

Sounds like an easy way to earn money - and out of curiosity, how many WP sites you advised on were compromised due to wordpress itself - vs. weak password, insecure plugins or just ignorance on the part of the user?

Gordon