Re: [LUG] Youtube History

On 19/10/15 16:29, Neil Winchurst wrote:

> I have not tried 4OD. This is not really off topic. When I tried, and
> failed, to set up a Google account, they ask things like DoB, and your
> mobile phone number. Why would they want all that? And what if some one
> does not have a mobile phone? And yes, I do know people who do not have
> one.

I create throwaway accounts all the time and just simply provide fake
(but within the correct parameters - you always want to set your pretend
DOB to be over 18 for example to avoid stupid age restrictions, etc)
information. Believe it or not it doesn't actually say "Comrade Meowski"
on my passport!

Google obviously want your phone number for all kinds of reasons - none
of which you'll be particularly keen on - but they pretend they want it
purely for 2 factor authentication and password resets: you can simply
not give them your number or provide a fake one and just pray you never
need to password reset. But if it's a throwaway account, who cares? Just
abandon it and make another.

I must have had 20 or more google accounts by now and I've never given
them any of my real information.

Cheers