Re: [LUG] Thunderbird erroneously sending replies from default account

On 19/10/15 16:19, Julian Hall wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I logged this as a bug on Bugzilla months ago, and saw at the time there
> were reports going back well over a year.  In a nutshell Thunderbird
> sends replies to mail /sometimes/ from the default account, not from the
> account the mail was addressed to.  This is a major pain in the
> proverbial, not only for me but for the recipient.  For the umpteenth
> time I've just had a mail to the LUG bounce because I was replying to a
> post and Thunderbird sent it from my default julian.hall@ account
> instead of linux@ which it was addressed to.  This is extra hassle for
> people like the list admins, and a waste of time for me as I keep having
> to resend emails. Another example is it sending replies to university
> emails from the default account and not my university email it was
> addressed to.  I could go on.. but I won't.
>
> Is there any setting in Thunderbird I can use to force it to send from
> the address the mail was sent to?  I'm using v. 38.3.0

That's weird - I've been using Thunderbird for years with *lots* of
accounts on Windows, Linux, Mac and quite a lot of other stuff too and
I've never seen this happen.

Obviously my anecdotal experience doesn't help you out much but I just
thought it might help you a little bit to know I have a similar setup
but no issues - there is probably something wrong with your system I'm
afraid. apt-get purge thunderbird and set it up again from scratch
maybe? You might just have a corrupt profile.

Cheers