Re: [LUG] Windows 10 being downloaded "Just in case"

On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 11:32:22 +0100, Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Thankfully with Mint you can do CTRL-ALT-ESC and it restarts the
>desktop without restarting everything (like crtl-alt-backspace does)

I have a Mint box that I just use as a TV media player and a few months
ago I did a normal update and after that it wouldn't boot because of
some stupid locale problem. Easy enough to fix but not very consumer
friendly.

I used to think that open source software would eventually take over
from proprietary but without the sort of polish you get from quality
paid developers that isn't going to happen. Not sure that is really a
problem though unless you are Richard Stallman.

Kevin