[LUG] Banking [was: Re: Firefox v40 and Chrome]

FWIW:

I only have one bank - Prat West. I get to it via ~/bin/natwest which has:

exec chromium --incognito https://www.natwest.com/

I use chromium for facebook via

exec chromium --user-data-dir=/home/gordon/.config/chromium.facebook
https://facebook.com/

So FB has a private profile which started off blank.

This may not be the best way, but its convenient for me.

The down-side is that my main browsing via Firefox makes it harder to follow links to FB, but on the plus side, FB don't get to know where I came from and my FF profile isn't polluted with FF tracking cookies. (I use cookie blocker in FF too)

I hope.

I'm actually starting to feel that I don't care though. I recent created a new FB account and even though I didn't use anything connected name-wise to the account I closed down 3 years ago it's still suggesting 'friends' some who are people I worked with 25 years ago. Forget GCHQ, NSA, etc. FB has *all* the data.

Gordon