Re: [LUG] Firefox v40 and Chrome

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 15:02:07 +0100
Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

>One problem with updates on Linux is that you might get a newer version
>of a program, eg FF, which you  don't really want.

Depends on how/where you get your updates from.  I only use Debian
related repos myself, not Mozilla's, for example.  It's quite simple to
hold back updates using version pinning, or simply place a package on
hold.  I don't blindly accept all updates, and *never* do automatic
(for example, unattended) updates.  Using Xubuntu, you should be able to
similar things with any/all of apt-get, aptitude and synaptic.

>unchanged. I will at least install chromium and see how it goes. I
>suppose there are some add-ons to install, like FF?

Undoubtedly.  I tried Chromium a while back, but with far fewer add-ons
available to it, I couldn't get anything like the behaviour I can with
Ff.

--
 Regards  _
This disease is catching