Re: [LUG] Firefox v40 and Chrome

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 15:31:33 +0100
Martin Gautier <martin.gautier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank> >
> FF v40 seems to be working well for me so far.
>
> My understanding is that Firefox lazy loads it's code so if you don't
> use Hello, Pocket etc. it doesn't get loaded. Having said that, I
> have disabled these items in about:config
>
> hello:
> loop.enabled = false
>
> pocket:
> browser.pocket.enabled = false
>
> reader+:
> reader.parse-on-load.enabled = false
>
> When I've had display/rendering/slowness problems previously, it's
> been due to graphics driver issues and have noticed other symptoms
> elsewhere
>
> Martin

Thanks, I have run the above changes. As I have said, I had never heard
of them.

I find that if I try to go to my  bank account now, the first
time I get the silly window message come up. If I then close the tab
and run it again it works. I don't think I will bother with Chromium
for the moment. I remember how irritating I found it last time I tried
it.

Weird,

Neil