Re: [LUG] Photo editord

On 11/07/15 15:22, Kevin Lucas wrote:

>> Yes, I have been thinking along the same lines, show her the few things
>> she needs to know in GIMP. By the way, she does use Windows at work,
>> but her home laptop is running Xubuntu. So does my wife's come to
>> that.. I maintain both computers for them, and since I know nothing
>> about Windows they have no choice.

Time to pirate a copy of Windows and register for your free legitimate
upgrade to Win10 on July 29th then obviously. Props to the guy who
recommended Irfanview on Wine - got there just before I did. Any image
editing or processing I do whatsoever is done via Irfanview either
natively on Windows or on Linux via Wine. Photoshop/Gimp make me lose
the will to live - I'm a sysadmin, not a graphic designer.

"since I know nothing about Windows they have no choice."

Well, except to maybe learn for themselves perhaps? Using Windows isn't
exactly what you might call complicated...

Cheers