Re: [LUG] Photo editord

On Sat, 11 Jul 2015 00:03:10 +0100
Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> I know what you mean about GIMP being a bit overpowered for the task,
> but in terms of what she needs to do with it it's fairly simple;
> Image -> Scale Image, enter dimensions, then Scale Image which as a
> GIMP user you know of course.  As with most programs I think that
> regardless of how complex it is we all just learn the bits we need as
> and when we have to.  GIMP of course has the benefit of being
> available on Windows and Linux, so if she get stuck she can just ask
> you for help.  It also means that if she does need/want to do
> anything more in future she won't have to learn to use a new program.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

Yes, I have been thinking along the same lines, show her the few things
she needs to know in GIMP. By the way, she does use Windows at work,
but her home laptop is running Xubuntu. So does my wife's come to
that.. I maintain both computers for them, and since I know nothing
about Windows they have no choice.

Neil