Re: [LUG] OTT PCI DVB-T freeview card

You can get a Freesat tuner for about Â45 on Amazon these days. You would be hard pressed to find just the tuner card for that kind of money.

So for Â45 plus your existing dish and an HDMI ready TV, you get 150+ channels. No Linux box required. If you're trying to do this on a budget, that's the best bet. Building your own DVR is only a good idea if your trying to build something top end or it's a hobby project.