Re: [LUG] OTT PCI DVB-T freeview card

On 3 July 2015 at 20:32, Steven CÃtà <steven.cote@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've got a TBS 6981 dual dvb-s2 in a myth box. Its been running fine for the past 4 years or so. Not much to say about it, which is what you want in appliance box like that. Anything specific you want to know?

I have the same card. Works fine - except for having to manually build the drivers each kernel update, which is a major faff and seems a bit hit and miss as to whether it works.Â

Myth is quite a faff to configure too - strange logic involved in the process.

Once up and running though, it's pretty much zero maintenance and with mythweb it just sits in my loft recording mpgs day after day. I don't watch anything with it though. I wrote a script that renames the files according to their actual names and watch via other computers or the tv via a samba share.