Re: [LUG] OTT PCI DVB-T freeview card

On 3.07.2015 22:26, bad apple wrote:
On 03/07/15 20:01, Mark Croft wrote:
dear devon lug.

anyone got a spare PCI DVB-T for sale please.

need to upgrade my sisters mythtv computer when i am down in newton
abbot next week.

mark

Not quite yet - I'm looking at replacing a handful of Hauppauge DVB
cards right now though and should have some free in the next week or two.

To that end, anyone getting FreeSat via Linux setups or similar? Myth,
Kodi, XMBC, etc. It's been a while since I've done a new media PC type
set up made from an actual computer, and this one needs to be able to do
satellite, specifically FreeSat via an old Sky dish.

Anyone done this?

Cheers

for mythtv etc you probably need to do a bit of googling for the Astra settings, but it's easy enough once you have them.

http://parker1.co.uk/mythtv_freesat.php

by far the easiest setup is with kaffeine, which has all the satellite settings pre-set in a drop down list and then scans available channels, but it is not of course an all singing, all dancing dedicated media box application. Other media players seem to need files generated from command line scans, which will probably be out of date in a month or two as Sky changes the channel settings.