[LUG] Extending Wifi

I have fibre broadband set up at home. The router and my laptop are
upstairs in a spare bedroom which is now my study. The router has to be
there because that is where the master socket is situated.

My computer is upstairs so I use a wired connection, which is fine. My
wife has a laptop which she uses downstairs, so she uses a wifi
connection. In the most comfortable room, the lounge, the wifi signal
is not very good. I have researched some ways to improve this without
any cabling and, as usual, I am getting a bit bogged down with all the
information around.

Can anyone advise a reasonable way to boost the signal, please. The
house is modern, 12 years old, so we are not talking thick stone or
brick walls here. And there is only one upstairs floor. The router is a
netgear WNR2200.

Any help appreciated,

Neil