Re: [LUG] ArchBang derivative with no systemd - has any one test driven it yet?

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 02:56:11PM +0100, Jay Bennie wrote:

> Systemd: a singleton service manager process that introduces a high level
> abstraction around services control: It works more like the sun or windows
> services managers - its actually quite good, but new is and has issues fitting
> in. When it goes wrong it can be a big learning curve to find & fix.as most
> config and data is not in a declarative text format. its goals are: do things
> faster, more efficiently and consistently.
>
> Init.d : lots of simple scripts, multiple flavours, it works, it is modifiable
> without killing anything you couldn't fix by hand.
>
> SysV: like init.d with  different file locations and naming, also relatively
> easy to fix.

Thanks a lot for this! Life's too short to follow discussions on Linux
internals, so I had kind of ignored the systemd saga altogether. This
makes perfect sense, and I can see why both sides feel very strongly
about their respective case.

Martijn.