Re: [LUG] Adobe Acrobat for Linux?

On 11/06/15 09:51, Eion MacDonald wrote:
> Thanks. I use two OpenSUSE versions one 32 bit, one 64 bit. I will have
> a look at Ubuntu.

Don't bother, it's increasingly terrible these days.

Especially if you're coming from the RPM ecosystem of SUSE anyway,
Fedora might be a better choice (yum and now dnf are much, much nicer
than zypper). Overall Fedora probably isn't different enough from SUSE
to be worth you investing time in investigating the switch - Arch or
even something like Void however might well be.

The first free day I get is going to be dedicated to wiping Ubuntu,
which has been my usual main OS on/off - mostly on - since Dapper from
my workstation and switching to any Linux distro that sucks less. So
basically, anything. And that's even though a lot of my custom build
stuff, scripting and personal tweaking is all extensively geared around
the Ubuntu platform and will need plenty of work to move across: it will
be totally worth it.

I'd love to stick with an apt-based Linux if possible, but Debian is now
also systemd-laden and the packages are hopelessly out-of-date unless
you run Sid, which I have done many times before and really liked until
it inevitably broke catastrophically. Not a fit for my main workstation
sadly.

Realistically, I think it'll probably be Arch replacing it when push
comes to shove.

Cheers