Re: [LUG] Mozilla losing the plot a little bit further

On 20 November 2014 09:52, Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Side observation - Google's parsing is now so good that it's ruining
spelling. Mistype words, sometimes dramatically, and it still knows what
you meant. Why bother correcting a typo?

See that "Did you mean ..." link? Do you think google doesn't remember that data when you click on it -

Heh, no. For at least 25 years, since I got my first modem, I've adopted the philosophy that information I type into any networked computer should be considered potentially, or actually, public - unless I've taken strong precautions. It astonishes me that people are frequently surprised that personal data is held about them, yet don't make the correlation when websites say "Welcome back Harry" or when Amazon's adverts change depending on what they've visited or bought.Â
that gives google an ever growing database of common typos and their corrections...
Which is good in a way ...

And entirely consistent with their highest priority - data is everything.Â