Re: [LUG] Mozilla losing the plot a little bit further

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 10:54:11PM +0000, Simon Avery wrote:
> https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/11/19/promoting-choice-and-innovation-on-the-web/
>
> Yay, let's throw away an agreement that uses the best search engine the
> world has ever known, and instead default to Yahoo search or Bing.

They're not defaulting to Bing. They'll use Yahoo as the default search
engine in the US (where Yahoo is already more popular than in most other
countries). In Russia, Yandex will be the default and in China Baidu.

Other countries, such as this one, will continue to use Google as the
default search engine.

And my first reaction upon reading the news was one of excitement, as I
secretly hope that it's a reward for how hard Yahoo has fought the FISA
court and all that behind the scenes.

Martijn.