Re: [LUG] Mozilla losing the plot a little bit further

On 19 November 2014 23:07, Martijn Grooten <martijn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yay, let's throw away an agreement that uses the best search engine the
> world has ever known, and instead default to Yahoo search or Bing.

They're not defaulting to Bing. They'll use Yahoo as the default search
engine in the US

Yahoo's search engine is powered by Bing. They're the same thing.

I've found Bing to be fairly useless when searching, especially in the parsing and understanding of what's being looked for if a direct string isn't helpful. Â

Side observation - Google's parsing is now so good that it's ruining spelling. Mistype words, sometimes dramatically, and it still knows what you meant. Why bother correcting a typo?